Sicily is the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. Sicily is located in the central Mediterranean Sea, south of the Italian Peninsula, from which it is separated by the narrow Strait of Messina. Its most prominent landmark is Mount Etna, the tallest active volcano in Europe, currently 3,329 m (10,922 ft) high, and one of the most active in the world. The island has a typical Mediterranean climate. Sicily has a rich and unique culture, especially with regard to the arts, music, literature, cuisine, and architecture. It is also home to important archaeological and ancient sites, such as the Necropolis of Pantalica, the Valley of the Temples, and Selinunte.
The Best Hotels in Sicily:
- Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea. The 5-star Belmond Villa Sant’Andrea offers a lovely setting overlooking the Mediterranea Sea, just a 5-minute drive from Taormina’s centre. It features a private beach, an outdoor pool, kids club and wellness facilities. The elegant rooms and suites are decorated with refined fabrics and antique furniture. Restaurant Oliviero serves Sicilian cuisine and fresh seafood on its beautiful terrace with panoramic views of the Bay of Mazzarò. The Villa’s wellness centre is surrounded by tropical gardens and also features a fitness centre with new Technogym equipment. In-room massages and treatments are also available.
- Capofaro Malvasia & Resort. Capofaro Malvasia & Resort overlooks the Mediterranean Sea, Stromboli and Panarea islands. It is surrounded by the Malvasia vineyard of the owners, the Tasca d'Almerita family, winemakers of Salina. All rooms have a sea-view terrace. Capofaro Malvasia & Resort has a panoramic outdoor pool. Capofaro's gourmet restaurant is open to the public, and serves Mediterranean cuisine and a breakfast buffet. Tastings of the wines produced on site can be organised on the terrace, on request.
- Hotel Borgo Pantano. Set in the Ciane and Saline Nature Reserve, Hotel Borgo Pantano is located 7 km from Siracusa and the nearest beaches. It offers countryside views, a peaceful location and an outdoor swimming pool. The extensive buffet breakfast includes salami, homemade cakes, fresh fruit and juice made from Sicilian oranges. The restaurant with terrace specialises in local dishes, such as pasta with fresh anchovies, pine nuts and raisins. All rooms and suites are decorated with artwork by local artists. All air-conditioned, they also feature an LCD TV with satellite channels and DVD player, a kettle and fridge.
- Hotel Villa Carlotta. Surrounded by beautifully landscaped, botanic gardens, Hotel Villa Carlotta provides a charming setting for your stay in Belgirate, overlooking Lake Maggiore. Take a refreshing dip in the swimming pool. Carlotta Villa dates back to end of the 19th century. It has a large park (30,000m²), which is full of colourful flowers and Mediteranean greenery. You can relax at the pool or walk down to the private beach where you will find a variety of water sports. You can enjoy a mix of regional and international cuisine at the restaurant, which is part of a prestigious, international chain. There is a fully equipped conference centre with a maximum capacity of 500.
- Hotel Villa Ducale. Renovated in 2016, Villa Ducale is a small, luxurious boutique hotel housed in an aristocratic villa with outstanding views of the sea and Mount Etna. It features free WiFi in public areas, an outdoor hot tub, and a sun terrace with loungers. The hotel features a contemporary Sicilian-style décor. Villa Ducale is renowned for its rich breakfast buffet with homemade Sicilian specialities, served on the panoramic terrace. Restaurant service is available throughout the day, and the hotel features a popular cocktail happy hour every day at 18:30.
Subsribe on Happy Traveler - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB7ViK_fZPd3-3XzIgQKWYg?sub_confirmation=1