ONLY THE BEST of WINSTON CHURCHILL's inspirational quotes!
Churchill was a British politician who served as the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1940 to 1945 and again from 1951 to 1955. He won the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1953.
• He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
• We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out.
• I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught.
• Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
• A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
• You don’t make the poor richer by making the rich poorer.
• Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
• If you're going through hell, keep going.
• Great and good are seldom the same man.
• Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
• We occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
• To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
• Never, never, never give up.
• I never worry about action, but only inaction.
• All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
• Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.
• When I am abroad, I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the government of my own country. I make up for lost time when I come home.
• Kites rise highest against the wind - not with it.
• A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.
• If I was your wife Sir, I'd poison you! Madam, if you were my wife, I'd let you!
• History is written by the victors.
• A politician needs the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month, and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen.
• To jaw-jaw is always better than to war-war.
• It is no use saying, "We are doing our best." You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.
• Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.
• Some men change their party for the sake of their principles; others their principles for the sake of their party.
• Those who can win a war well can rarely make a good peace and those who could make a good peace would never have won the war.
• The short words are best, and the old words are the best of all.
• There is no such thing as public opinion. There is only published opinion.
• I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
• I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
• You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
• Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.
• It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required.
• It is a fine thing to be honest, but it is also very important to be right.
• Eating words has never given me indigestion.
• True genius resides in the capacity for evaluation of uncertain, hazardous, and conflicting information.
• Difficulties mastered are opportunities won.
This channel presents only the best quotes for various subjects or topics. Update daily!
★★★ Subscribe to this channel ( https://goo.gl/aU6b7a )
★★★ Popular contents
-- Best Quotes ( https://goo.gl/L41NCG )
-- Inspirational Quotes by Business Leaders ( https://goo.gl/IZrtRH )
-- Inspirational Quotes by Celebrities ( https://goo.gl/lYO1qv )
★★★ Music used:
Green Leaves by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)