(6 Mar 2009)
music on catwalks not cleared for use. replace with your own clearable music
Paris, France, 25 January 2009
1. Various wide and pan ups of of Dior Homme catwalk show with very narrow black suits
London, United Kingdom, March 5th 2009
2. Wide of Selfridges men's lingerie department
3. Close pan up showing new flesh controlling underwear (pants and vest)
4. Various of men shopping for underwear
5. Mid of three men walking down centre of department as though on catwalk wearing different versions of control vests, move in to close of model in centre who removes jacket and turns
6. Pan up of model wearing vest
7. Mid shot of new men's control pants
8. Set up of Gavin Jones wearing blue long sleeved control vest
9.SOUNDBITE: (English), Gavin Jones, Managing Director, Selfridges
"What we're doing is not just a slimming garment. What doing is three things. We're trying to improve the way a man stands up, improve his posture, support him at the lower back, and then compress and streamline his sides. And so yes it is a little bit of a strange kind of sensation for a man to wear something that's very tight and fitted, but once you get it on, and the state of the art fabric that we produce these with they really do mould to your body, it really does feel like a second skin."
10. Wide of London's west end shopping streets
11. Wide top shot of crowds of pedestrians on street
12. Various of men in suits walking along
13. Mannequins in shop windows
14.SOUNDBITE: (English), John Turk (voxpop)
"I don't like tight things, I wouldn't wear it no anything that pulls you in and makes you feel uncomfortable all the time"
15.SOUNDBITE: (English), Luke Wentworth (voxpop)
"I don't see the logic in having a male corset."
16.SOUNDBITE: (English), Grant Little, (voxpop)
"A corset? I don't need one."
17.SOUNDBITE: (English), Karen Egenes (voxpop)
"I just like au naturelle, and I gave up corsets as soon as I could in my teen years and I wouldn't want to inflict that kind of pain on anyone."
18.SOUNDBITE: (English), Rolfe Egenes (voxpop)
"Men should wear men clothes and women should wear women clothes"
19 Wide of GQ associate editor searching through clothes rail
20.Close up of hands searching through rail
21.SOUNDBITE: (English), Robert Johnston Associate Editor, GQ magazine
"It was slightly I would say uncomfortable certainly, you could feel it it made you feel hot because it does absolutely stitch your body I mean it is like a sheath you feel like a sausage trying to get back into it's skin, but I would wear one again".
Paris, France, 25 January 2009
22. Wide silhouettes of Dior models walking through laser light on catwalk
23.SOUNDBITE: (English), Robert Johnston Associate Editor, GQ magazine
A Dior skinny suit is seriously skinny. I for example wouldn't have a chance of getting into one but we're talking lean, lean, lean skinny, skinny, skinny and that, that is what you can see on the catwalk and of course men will aspire to that."
Los Angeles, US, February 22nd 2009
24.Wide of crowds around Oscars red carpet
25.Pan up of actor Mickey Rourke wearing skinny cream suit
26.Move in on actor Sean Penn and wife Robin Wright-Penn
27.Pan up and move in on Robert Pattinson
28.Pan up of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie
Paris, France, 22 Jan. 2009
29.Wide finale of Hugo Boss men's catwalk show with very thin models in narrow jackets and trousers
The vogue for skinny suits means men are keen to get their hands on the sort of control pants and corsets that women have moaned about for decades and now a company has launched a new vest which it says will work just as well.
Now an Australian firm has made a world exclusive deal with a top London store to sell what it claims is a unique
You can license this story through AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/faa61a6ea96d12352c127ad797f1336c
Find out more about AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork