(26 Nov 2018)
RESTRICTION SUMMARY: AP CLIENTS ONLY
Mumbai, 25 November 2018
1. Hollywood and Bollywood star cast for Netflix's Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle posing for pictures at the world premiere of the upcoming Netflix movie based on Indian-born English author Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book
2. Close of Rohan Chand, lead child actor who plays Mowgli (center left) standing with Bollywood actor Kareena Kapoor Khan (left), Louis Serkis (center right) and Freida Pinto (right)
3. Close of Freida Pinto and Andy Serkis
4. Bollywood and Hollywood stars Abhishek Bachchan (left), Christian Bale (center left), Kareena Kapoor Khan (center right) and Madhuri Dixit (right) chatting
5. Close of Bollywood actors Abhishek Bachchan (left) and Anil Kapoor (right) who are part of the Bollywood star cast who have dubbed for the Hindi language version of the movie
6. Hollywood filmmaker and actor Andy Serkis posing for pictures with fans
7. Wide shot press conference with the Hollywood and Bollywood starcast
8. SOUNDBITE (English) Andy Serkis, director, actor:
"We wanted to make a Mowgli-centric story and it's about his very complex psychological, emotional journey of self-discovery. And a world, you know, caught between two worlds which are changing. And that's really at the heart of it. And it is so tonely, it is closer to the book as a result."
9. SOUNDBITE (English) Abhishek Bachchan, Bollywood actor who has dubbed the character of Bagheera for the Hindi version:
"Whichever stage of your life you watch this film or read this story, there's something for each and every age group to take away from. There are great sense of values, morals, principles, life's learnings and teachings that you can imbibe and take away. So I think that's why this story keeps getting retold."
10. Madhuri Dixit (left) and Anil Kapoor (right) who have dubbed characters for the Hindi version of the movie
11. Close of Rohan Chand, lead child actor who plays Mowgli (left) and Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor Khan (right) who dubbed for the character of Kaa for the Hindi version
12. SOUNDBITE (English) Freida Pinto, actress:
"For me to go to South Africa and actually work with fellow actors all speaking in Hindi, all enjoying a kind of a version of the Holi festival. Singing a lullaby written and composed by Nitin Sawhney (British Indian musician). All of those beautiful things that I associate with India, came to life in this movie. So yeah, very grateful to Andy for letting me speak in Hindi in this film and letting me dub myself."
13. SOUNDBITE (English) Christian Bale, actor:
"I am kind of kicking and screaming before I go work. I don't actually love working. I love not working. And then when I start working, I love working. And I never want to stop that. So I like whatever I am doing, you know, but I've recognized that if I don't have down time, you start to just sort of act like other actors instead of acting like people."
14. Andy Serkis and Anil Kapoor posing for pictures
Find out more about AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork
You can license this story through AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/90345e6f212243e8178d06f009ae00a2