Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com
To live a healthy and fit life, it is important that we are getting enough vitamins, minerals and other nutrients at adequate levels. Unfortunately, nutrient deficiency can occur if we are not getting enough of these nutrients to meet the needs of our body and lifestyle. One very important nutrient for our overall health is vitamin C, as it can play a vital role in fighting against unwanted disease and boost our immunity. Vitamin C also works as a powerful antioxidant that can eliminate and protect our body from damaging free radicals and oxidative stress. This vitamin can also provide numerous health benefits for those who consume it.
In addition to boosting our immunity and fighting disease, it can promote the health of our cardiovascular system, boost cognitive function, reduce inflammation, prevent and reduce muscle soreness and promote the health of our bones and eyes. Be sure to discuss with your medical practitioner to see how much vitamin C you should be getting per day to meet your own body and lifestyle needs. Now, lets discuss some foods that are high in vitamin C.
1. First, broccoli is an incredibly healthy vegetable that can promote our health many different ways. It is packed with many different nutrients, including high levels of vitamin C. In just a one-half serving, raw broccoli contains 42mg’s of vitamin C, which is about 67% of the daily recommended value.
2. Surprising to some, but red peppers are an incredible source of vitamin C. Red peppers have long been used to boost our immunity and prevent disease. In just a one cup serving of raw red peppers, there is 190mg of vitamin C, or over 315% of the daily recommended value.
3. Well known for their sweet and delicious taste, oranges are a popular choice for those individuals looking to increase their intake of vitamin C. This popular citrus fruit is loaded with vitamin C, with one large orange containing about 80mg’s of this important vitamin. This works our to be about 160% of the daily recommended value.
4. Not quite as popular as oranges, guava is gaining popularity around the world due to its excellent source of important vitamins and minerals. Not only can it promote our healthy many ways, but it is also a vitamin C powerhouse. In fact, it has one of the highest concentrations of vitamin C out of any other food choice. Just one guava contains about 375mg’s of vitamin C, or about 625% of the daily recommended value of this nutrient.
5. Another vegetable choice that is high in vitamin C is kale. Kale is well known for having many health promoting abilities and for being very high in many different nutrients. Specifically, it is well known for its high levels of vitamin K and A, but is also very high in vitamin C content. In just one cup of raw kale, there is about 80mg’s or 134% of the daily recommended value of vitamin C.
6. Lastly, another great food choice that is high in vitamin C is kiwi. Although smaller in size, kiwi is extremely high in vitamin C, and can help to boost our immunity and inflammation. In just one kiwi, there is about 165mg’s of vitamin C, which is equivalent to about 275% of the daily recommended value.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.