Making of teaser : https://vimeo.com/17197909
Making of #1 : https://vimeo.com/19900536
Making of #2 : https://vimeo.com/22963108
Making of #3 : https://vimeo.com/28585796
Making of #4 : https://vimeo.com/38009169
850 METERS is an animated comedy short produced by THURISTAR in coproduction with Lunanime. The short has aired on CANAL+ in France, Ketnet (VRT) and Ouftivi (RTBF) in Belgium. In 2016 its TV series spin-of "My knight and me" was released and sold world wide.
Synopsis : A not-so-brave knight is on a quest for Fame and Fortune - legend says rescuing a princess is the way to go. And in those same fairy tales, there's only one way to slay the dragon that hold the fair lady captive : find the invincible sword. To reach his goal, the knight is ready to go far. Maybe even as far as 850 meters...
A THURISTAR -- Lunanime short film
Starring Roger Flambé
Written and directed by Joeri Christiaen
Co-written and produced by Perrine Gauthier
Coproduced by Annemie Degryse
Music by Frederik Segers
With the participation of CANAL+, pmG Worldwide (messiahStudio) and Temple of Tune
With the support of the Flanders Audiovisual Fund and Provinciebestuur Oost Vlaanderen
Taxshelter partner : BUSI (Business & Systems Integration)
Image by Joeri Christiaen
With help from Olivier Thill, Julien Schmitt, Wouter Aarts, Michael Mahy and Mette Tange
2D artwork : Andry Rajoelina
Programming and rigging : Vegard Myklebust
messiahStudio support : Fori Owurowa
Sound design and mix : Temple of Tune / Fredo Gevaert and Jorka Decroubele
Voice recording : Piste Rouge
With the voices of : Manu Garijo, David Gasman, Mirabelle Kirkland and Barbara Beretta
Music recording and premix : Boma Studio
Lab : Studio L'Equipe
Making-of by Antoine Kerninon
FESTIVALS HISTORY :
* AUDIENCE AWARD, Mundos Digitales Festival -- Spain, July 2013
* SPECIAL MENTION (adult jury) International Film Festival for Children and Youth (FICAIJ) -- Venezuela, May 2013
* Festival Internacional de Cine de Lanzarote -- Spain, April 2013
* Chilemonos International Animation Festival -- Chile, May 2013
* International Film Festival for Children and Youth (FICAIJ) -- Venezuela, May 2013
* RabbitFest, Festival di Cinema di Animazione -- Italy, June 2013
* Neum Animated Film Festival -- Bosnia-Herzegovnia, June-July 2013
* Mundos Digitales Festival -- Spain, July 2013
* Supertoon -- Croatia, July-August 2013
* Anima Mundi -- Brazil, August 2013
* Anibar -- Kosovo, August 2013
* Animated Eden -- UK, September 2013
* Film Festival Oostende, Ensors -- Belgium, September 2013
* KinoFest -- Romania, September 2013
* Balkanima -- Serbia, October 2013
* Shnit International Short Film Festival (non-competitive program) -- Switzerland, October 2013
* KuanDu International Animation Festival -- Taiwan, October 2013
* Miami International Animation Festival -- USA, October 2013
* Banjaluka -- Bosnia-Herzegovnia, October 2013
* ReAnimania -- Armenia, October 2013
* Golden Orchid International Animation Festival -- USA, November 2013
* Multivision -- Russia, November 2013
* SIGGRAPH Asia -- Hong-Kong, November 2013
* Expotoons -- Argentina, November 2013
* BUtiful Film Festival -- UK, November 2013
* Les Nuits Magiques -- France, December 2013
Inverosímil..Graciasss ! De nuevo me he partido de risa..i en Facebook..leo vuestro Equipo maravilloso de Creadores ..ufff ! Felicito ..los Antihéroes nos alivian la carga de neurosis..además sin tópicos vulgares..BRAVOooooo!!!
+Geheimagent von Pr. Ente Yet this was made in 2013/2012, and the series is based off this. https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ritter_Hoch_3 in germany/belgium/france made in 2016, which in turn came to the US as https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Knight_and_Me in 2017 made by the same people
Child marriages are common:
On a recent day, eight community elders sat in a [refugee] camp, some chewing khat, the narcotic leaf favored by most Yemeni men. Seven have married off their girls this year.
Even Salim, the elder who worked at the charity, is preparing to marry off his two daughters, ages 13 and 14. "I want to feel secure of their futures, if only for economic reasons," he said.
Mohammad Ali al-Ansi married off his two girls, ages 13 and 14, in April. "My heart is bleeding inside, but I was forced to do this," he said. "I have no job. Its difficult for me to feed my 10 children." He received $1,600 in dowry for each of his girls, he said. But after paying for their weddings and meeting other debts, the money has nearly run out. "If things get worse, theres no doubt Ill marry off my 12-year-old daughter," Ansi said.
More on Ansis 14-year-old daughter Fatma, married to 21-year-old Zaid:
Fatma spent her day cooking and washing clothes for her in-laws. When asked the name of her husbands family, Fatma didnt know it. She remembers her father telling her and her sister, Amal, that the family needed money. She remembers that Amal was in tears because her new husband was taking her to another region. The two sisters have not seen each other since their weddings.
"I am too young to be married," Fatma said. "I want to study. I want to learn how to write. I have sacrificed for my family," she continued, her voice dropping to a whisper.
Minutes later, her husband arrived at the tent, and Fatma went silent. He said Fatma was "at a good age to marry." When asked if she could attend school, he shook his head no. "Shes a little too old for school," he said.
Female sexual freedom among the Tuareg : Flora Drury has written up the sex habits of the Saharas Muslim Tuareg people based on the work by Henrietta Butler. Some excerpts:
Their men became known as the blue men of the Sahara because the dye from their distinctive indigo scarves rub off onto their faces giving them a mysterious air. The Tuareg evoke images of a long forgotten and romantic age.