Guidecentral is a fun and visual way to discover DIY ideas learn new skills, meet amazing people who share your passions and even upload your own DIY guides. We provide a space for makers to share their handmade crafts, home decor projects, fashion and beauty tips, homemade recipes and other life hacks with our global community.
Download the free Guidecentral app to browse thousands of DIY projects on-the-go.
- Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=guidecentral.howto.diy.crafts
- Apple App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/guidecentral-diy-projects/id566332826?mt=8
- Amazon Kindle Store: http://www.amazon.com/Guidecentral-Handmade-Homemade-Projects-Instructions/dp/B00KDJTSGU/
The Guidecentral Maker Program lets you earn money by sharing your DIY projects. Learn more at https://www.guidecentr.al/maker-program
About this DIY project:
- Title: Easy to Fix Torn Jeans
- Maker: Elvira Shilenko - https://www.guidecentr.al/maker/elvira.shilenko
- View the full step-by-step tutorial on Guidecentral: https://www.guidecentr.al/easy-to-fix-torn-jeans
- A special nozzle for darning
- A small patch
Connect with us!
- Website: https://www.guidecentr.al
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/guidecentral
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/guidecentral
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/guidecentral
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/+guidecentral
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/guidecentral_
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvMFOtVdw6HNNLr8DKP_-mQ
Don't be shy! Subscribe to this YouTube channel :)
Child marriages are common:
On a recent day, eight community elders sat in a [refugee] camp, some chewing khat, the narcotic leaf favored by most Yemeni men. Seven have married off their girls this year.
Even Salim, the elder who worked at the charity, is preparing to marry off his two daughters, ages 13 and 14. "I want to feel secure of their futures, if only for economic reasons," he said.
Mohammad Ali al-Ansi married off his two girls, ages 13 and 14, in April. "My heart is bleeding inside, but I was forced to do this," he said. "I have no job. Its difficult for me to feed my 10 children." He received $1,600 in dowry for each of his girls, he said. But after paying for their weddings and meeting other debts, the money has nearly run out. "If things get worse, theres no doubt Ill marry off my 12-year-old daughter," Ansi said.
More on Ansis 14-year-old daughter Fatma, married to 21-year-old Zaid:
Fatma spent her day cooking and washing clothes for her in-laws. When asked the name of her husbands family, Fatma didnt know it. She remembers her father telling her and her sister, Amal, that the family needed money. She remembers that Amal was in tears because her new husband was taking her to another region. The two sisters have not seen each other since their weddings.
"I am too young to be married," Fatma said. "I want to study. I want to learn how to write. I have sacrificed for my family," she continued, her voice dropping to a whisper.
Minutes later, her husband arrived at the tent, and Fatma went silent. He said Fatma was "at a good age to marry." When asked if she could attend school, he shook his head no. "Shes a little too old for school," he said.
Female sexual freedom among the Tuareg : Flora Drury has written up the sex habits of the Saharas Muslim Tuareg people based on the work by Henrietta Butler. Some excerpts:
Their men became known as the blue men of the Sahara because the dye from their distinctive indigo scarves rub off onto their faces giving them a mysterious air. The Tuareg evoke images of a long forgotten and romantic age.